Companies like Comcast, Samsung and Vizio have hyped the coming of 3-D television for the past few years, though it looks like this Jetsons-esque notion may become a reality sooner than later.
As much as I enjoyed watching Avatar with silly 3-D glasses on, I’m not so sure this form of media will serve all programming as well. I’m all for technological progress, but here’s a list of shows I certainly don’t want jumping out of the screen:
- NFL injury play backs – These shots give me the willies already. I’d hate to see a compound fracture coming at me.
- Dirty Jobs – I certainly don’t need to see Mike Rowe pluck goose feathers, scrub mechanical piping or stick his hand in any sort of animal in 3-D.
- Jon & Kate Plus 8 reruns – The hideous Kate hair looks like it’s jumping out at me already.
- Nancy Grace – When hi-def was introduced, that was bad enough.
- Seinfeld – Don’t mess with perfection.
Please feel free to add to the list in the comments section!